When I was six years old, I broke a mirror.
The end.
Boring right?
Well, from that
moment, I had bad luck. You know what happens when you break a mirror, right?
You get seven years bad luck. I am now twelve, almost thirteen and this curse
is about to stop! For seven years, I have been losing at every game. Twisters,
Monopoly, Scrabble, etc. It has been a real pain! I don't remember the feeling
when I win.
So that is why I
am always last.

3 comments:
I really like you story Alma.
Is it true that you broke a mirror??????
Good Job
Hello Alma,
You caught my interest as I started to read your story. I quickly realised the issue was bad luck at play. A broken mirror at six led to seven years of bad luck. Hopefully, at thirteen, the misery might end. Of course, the bad luck might continue if, as suggested in your title, an atrocious curse is at work.
Could the problem be a curse and not just a broken mirror? It seems a little of Harry Potter's world might have crept in. Well done.
The care you have taken with spelling, punctuation and grammar demonstrates your growing skills as a writer. I hope you can continue entering the 100WC and sharing your ideas with the world.
Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
Teacher (Retired), N.S.W., Australia
I love how you used atrocoius instead of bad. The first part of your story was great and it really hooked me in. Maybe you could add that the seven years you had the curse were the worst years of your life and how that you never belived in curses and magic. when I was younger, I told horror stories to my friends and I told them how if you stare in the mirror to long, then you will swap places with your reflection, so your story reminded me of that. What did you do when you found out about your curse? Was there any way to reverse it? If you can, please ansrew. Amazing work, Alma. I would love to hear more wonderful stories from you.
Post a Comment